Research by leading consultancy firms indicates that supply chain synergies may constitute 30%-50% of merger-related increases in shareholder value. The purchase of goods and services often represents more than half of a company’s total costs, so procurement usually delivers a significant share of total synergies, with savings estimated to range from 5-25%. Procurement integration is therefore integral to delivering shareholder value.
In this webinar, Bernard Gunther of Spendata will discuss how to unlock value from procurement integration. The agenda covers:
- An overview of why generating indirect cost-savings is important to merger economics;
- An analysis of how procurement integration can unlock value and prevent cost savings “being left on the table”;
- Target areas to consider in achieving additional cost savings;
- How to put the proposed theories into practice;
- Recommendations on the data you need to be monitoring and analyzing to track your success in leveraging these tactics.